Community Action’s Weatherization Program can lower participants’ utility bills while creating a safer and more comfortable home in which to live. The weatherization process helps homes stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Access to safe, affordable housing is critical to an individual's ability to reach economic stability. If households are currently spending more than the median annual cost for electric and heating fuel, as determined by the Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy, they could experience up to a 20.94% reduction in gas and an 8.92% reduction in electricity per year by utilizing Community Action’s weatherization services.
The money households save by using Community Action’s weatherization services can help those served become more financially stable.
Am I Eligible?
There is a two-step process for determining eligibility:
1) The home:
- Cannot have received weatherization services from Community Action since October 1, 1994. Unsure if the home has been weatherized in the past? Contact us at (402) 875-9322 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must meet all safety and structural requirements of the Weatherization Program, as determined during an inspection by our team of professionals
- May be either owned or rented by participants
2) The occupants (everyone who lives in the home, regardless of relationship):
- Must have received either LIHEAP heating assistance, Supplemental Security Income, or Aid to Dependent Children within the last 12 months; OR have a total household income of below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
How Do I Apply?
A complete application, including income verification, must be submitted for consideration. Once approved, a Weatherization Inspector will visit the home to begin the process of determining which energy-saving resources can be funded. Please return the completed application to:
210 ‘O’ Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Click here to download a Weatherization application and see Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here to view the eligibility information flyer.
Join Our Weatherization Team!
Community Action's Weatherization Program is always looking for local contractors (HVAC, plumbing, and general contractors) to complete approved work in the homes of program participants. If you are a contractor and are interested in working with our program, please visit this page to learn more.
Want to Know More?
For more information about Community Action’s Weatherization Assistance Program, answers to questions about the application process, or to express interest about becoming a Contracting Partner, please contact us at: