GET STARTED WITH HEAD START!
Head Start provides high-quality early childhood education services to preschoolers (children ages 3 to 5) and their families. Center-based services are provided Monday through Friday at two locations in Lincoln:
- Health 360 Center: 2301 O Street | Lincoln, NE 68510 (adjoined to the Health 360 Clinic)
- K Street Center: 1821 K Street | Lincoln, NE 68508 (within the west wing of the Purdue University Global building)
Center-based services are also provided at Wahoo Elementary School in partnership with Wahoo Public Schools.
Head Start programs:
- Promote school readiness
- Support children in getting a Head Start on school
- Provide health and nutrition services
- Offer innovative child development services for all families
- Provide parental assistance in identifying community support
Head Start began more than 50 years ago to address the need for early childhood education that is available to ALL families. Since then, we have been leading the way on developing solutions that work for families and communities. Our innovative programs have been developing new ways of meeting the early childhood education needs of children.
To apply for the program, please call (402) 875-9328 to set up an appointment, or click HERE and fill out an initial application.