GET STARTED WITH EARLY HEAD START!
Early Head Start provides high-quality early childhood education services to babies, toddlers, pregnant women and their families. Center-based services are provided Monday through Friday at three locations in Lincoln:
- Health 360 Center: 2301 O Street | Lincoln, NE 68510 (adjoined to the Health 360 Clinic)
- K Street Center: 1821 K Street | Lincoln, NE 68508 (within the west wing of the Purdue University Global building)
- Head Start at North 33rd Street: 1035 N. 33rd Street | Lincoln, NE 68503
The program also offers a home-based option in which services are provided within the comfort of families' homes.
Early Head Start hallmarks:
- Provides prenatal services to enhance development of infants and toddlers
- Provides services at an early age, which has a significant impact on a child’s growth and development
- Allows parents to get involved with in their child’s development
- Offers home-based and center-based program options
- Provides nutrition, medical and dental care
- Ensures social and emotional engagement
Early Head Start was started in 1999 to meet the need of low-income families with pregnant mothers, infants, and toddlers up to age 3. Early Head Start was innovated out of the Head Start program to provide new families with needed medical, mental health, nutrition, and education services. Early Head Start helps makes sure that ALL children in our community have the opportunity to get the consistent, nurturing relationships and reliable routines that put them on the pathway to success.
Application for Early Head Start:
To apply for the program, please call (402) 875-9328 to set up an appointment, or click HERE and fill out an initial application.