Please note: At this time, all Community Action Financial Coaching classes and sessions are virtual. Participants may borrow devices to connect, if needed.
Navigating the ins and outs of managing personal finances can be tricky. Through our six-month Financial Coaching program, you'll receive coaching and one-on-one support to build your skills to save, build/improve credit, reduce debt, create a budget, and more. It is a good program if you are working towards a specific financial goal (like repairing credit or making a large purchase) or if you want to get more control of your day-to-day finances. You will have individual coaching sessions to focus on your specific finances and group sessions to learn and support each other.
Group sessions focus on basic financial behaviors including:
- Goal Setting – turn your dreams into concrete financial goals that match your values
- Spending – the purpose of money is to pay for things. Plan your spending to pay for what you value
- Saving – cover emergencies and achieve your financial goals by setting aside money over time
- Borrowing – build good credit to bring your goals within reach
- Protecting – keep accidents from ruining your finances
- Maximizing Income – increase the money you bring home
To join the Financial Coaching program, complete the program application.
Have questions about the program? Schedule a call with Financial Coaching staff.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about Community Action's Financial Education services, please contact:
Kwynn Kelly (she, her, hers / they, them, theirs)
Andrew Ritta (he, him, his)
Financial Well-Being Administrator