Looking to make a difference in your community? You've come to the right place!
During the pandemic, Community Action continues to accept volunteer applications, but prospective volunteers should note that service may need to be virtual only or delayed at this time. If you're looking for another great way to support our work right now, consider making a financial contribution! Learn more about how to do that HERE!
At Community Action, we work hard to tailor volunteer experiences to fit your individual skills, interests, and goals. Whether you're seeking an internship, completing a practicum, or simply want to get more involved in your community, we want you on our team supporting our mission to empower people living in poverty to reach economic stability!
Following are just a few examples of available volunteer experiences:
- VIRTUAL Technical Support Volunteer
- VIRTUAL Social Media Volunteer
- Early Head Start/Head Start Classroom Volunteer
- Family Educator Intern/Volunteer
- Foster Grandparent (seniors age 55+; specific eligibility criteria applies)
- Health Coordinator Intern/Volunteer
- Head Start Volunteer Receptionist
- Financial Well-Being Volunteer
- Maintenance Volunteer
- Technical Support Volunteer (virtual)
- Furniture Assembly
- Gathering Place Soup Kitchen Cleaning
- Vehicle Cleaning
- Maintenance & Grounds Projects
- Special Event Support
Individual volunteer applications
Ready to get started? We're so glad! If you're interested in volunteering as an individual, the first step is to complete our easy online application at the relevant link below.
Group volunteer application
If you're interested in doing a one-time volunteer activity as part of a group, such as a business or civic/faith-based organization, simply complete the form (application) below! We will get in touch to coordinate.