Community Action aims to foster meaningful and fulfilling volunteer experiences. As a volunteer, you will serve as an important partner in empowering people living in poverty to reach economic stability. We could not empower others without the volunteer support of people like you. We want to give all of our volunteers many opportunities to learn new skills and bring their unique expertise and perspectives to our work.
Together, we can break the cycle of poverty. Join our team!
For a complete list of volunteer experiences and position descriptions, please click HERE.
- Early Head Start Child Care (classroom volunteer)
- Family Educator Intern/Volunteer
- Practicum Student
- Foster Grandparent
- Health Coordinator Intern/Volunteer
- Head Start Volunteer Receptionist
- Financial Well-Being Volunteer
- Maintenance Volunteer
- Tax Prep Program Volunteer
- Supportive Housing Furniture Assemblers
- Fall & Spring Landscaping
- Gathering Place Soup Kitchen Cleaners
- Early Head Start Vehicle Cleaners
- Maintenance & Grounds Projects
- Early Head Start / Head Start End of Year Celebration
How do I apply?
To become a Community Action volunteer, please complete this background check form and one of our easy online applications.
Which application should I complete?
That depends on the experience you’re looking for.
For all other experiences, please complete our Agency Application.
Want to know more?
For more information about Volunteer Experiences, and how you can get involved with Community Action, please contact:
Volunteer Resources Coordinator/Foster Grandparent Program Director