You can help welcome a family home.
Community Action's Supportive Housing Program supports families transitioning from homelessness into safe, stable, affordable housing. Most of the families we serve through Supportive Housing arrive in their new homes with few of the physical items needed to make it just that—a home. Items like bedroom or living room furniture, lamps, or basic kitchen appliances.
If you're in the process of downsizing, spring cleaning, or otherwise looking to part with your gently used furniture, consider donating items to Community Action. To donate furniture to our Supportive Housing Program, contact Chad Frank, Supportive Housing Administrator, at (402) 875-9341. All donated items should be in good, working shape. Please note: Donors must be able to deliver furniture donations to our main agency location at 210 O Street.
Currently, we have a high need for the following items:
- Sizes: Toddler, twin, double, full, queen (due to available storage space, we can only accept a limited number of queen beds at one time)
- New pillows
- Living room chairs (non-reclining)
- Kitchen tables and chairs
- End tables
- Coffee tables
- Small desks
- Standing lamps
- Microwaves (must be less than five years old and working)
Items we do NOT accept:
- Any broken or unclean items
- Large, heavy furniture, such as:
- Hide-a-bed couches
- Bunk beds
- King-sized beds
- Large pieces of furniture, such as full-size entertainment centers, etc.
- Large or older appliances, such as:
- Microwaves over five years old
- Unsafe children's furniture or equipment, such as:
- Used cribs
- Used car seats
- Used changing tables
- Televisions, specifically:
- Analog televisions requiring converter boxes
- Console televisions
- Exercise equipment
Have an item you'd like to donate that's not on this list? Call Chad at (402) 875-9341!
Thank you for helping to welcome your neighbors home.